Since I haven't blogged AT ALL over the summer (sorry!), we have a lot of catching up to do. We've had some fun adventures this summer.
A few weeks after school ended, I was able to spend a week in Logan with my family, especially with my brother who recently returned from his mission. Tim was able to join us part way through the week. It was really fun to visit and spend time with my brother. Those of you who knew us growing up know that we weren't not friends and rarely got along. I'm glad that we have both grown up and now love spending time together.
We also splurged and bought season passes to Seven Peaks. This is the first summer in a lot of years that I haven't had to work, and Tim only worked 3 days a week. Some friends of ours, Tom and Lovetta, also got season passes and we have enjoyed going to Seven Peaks at least once a week.
Tim finished his internship and now is officially done with college! He participated in the April commencement exercises but still had to finish up his internship. Now, we are just waiting for his diploma to be mailed, proving that he made it!
Our big news for the summer (which I'm sure you surmised from Tim's post a few days ago) is that we moved! Since we are both done with college, we decided that it was time to move away from Provo. We found a really nice 2 bedroom/2 bathroom apartment in Draper nad moved in a week ago. It is across the street from Ikea to the west (for those who now the area). We are absolutely in love with it! We are still in the process of unpacking, but in a few weeks we'd love to show it off! If you're in the area, let us know and we'd love to have you over for dinner and games!
It's hard to believe that the summer is just about over. My school meetings start tomorrow and school starts on the 17th. The summer has gone by so quickly! I'm excited to start my second year of teaching. I have a long list of things I want to improve over last year, so hopefully I will be able to succeed with at least some of them. In addition to teaching math, I will also be teaching one class of Music Appreciation. It will be a nice supplement to math and it will keep me on my toes.
Tim is searching for a job and hopefully will have one soon. For now, he spends his days searching and enjoying the new apartment.
We hope that all of you have also had an enjoyable summer!
2 comments:
Wow! What a fun summer you have had! The move sounds great too. I am very jealous. Such a big accomplishment for Tim though (graduation). Congrats!
I hope the school year is going great so far! Has Tim found a job yet? Are you all unpacked in your new apartment? I guess we just need to talk again!
Post a Comment