It's August, and something magical happens in August. You see signs when you go to the store. You can smell it in the air. The excitement is almost tangible. You get bitten by the bug -- and I've got it bad this year. That's right: I've got Football Fever!
It happens every year about this time. I get so excited for football season! I'm one of those strange girls that absolutely adores watching college football (I can't stand pro football). I can watch game after game on any given Saturday, and it doesn't matter who's playing. Oh, I do have a few teams I follow -- BYU, of course (it's a sad day when I don't get to watch the game), and Michigan (though they've struggled since Lloyd left *tear* ). But ultimately, I cheer for the underdog, not really caring who the teams are. I love the game for the game itself, and I submit that nothing beats a crisp, fall Saturday curled up on a couch with a blanket watching football.
So, to make sure that we are ready for kick-off (which BYU's season opener is Sept. 3 at 2:45 MDT, not that I knew that off the top of my head or anything...), Tim, Ariana, and I headed down to Provo to pick up our annual
game day shirts. And of course, like the good parents we are, we realize the need to ingrain the awesome-ness of the Cougars into our daughter (I may or may not be teaching her the BYU fight song). So, Ariana got her first BYU t-shirt. Sorry about the quality -- it was a cell phone shot.
 |
| Proud to be a Cougar! |
We are now officially ready! Gooooooo Cougars!
And since she's so cute, here are a few more pictures of Ariana's adventures.
 |
| We love to grab our toes! |
 |
| Playing with blocks is a favorite pastime. |
 |
| Ariana can roll from her back to her tummy. Sometimes, she ends up halfway under the couch! |
 |
| Loving tummy time! |
 |
| She loves to play with the keyboard. I guess we've gotta start her young! |
 |
| Ariana had her 4-month shots earlier this week. As you can see, we had a rough day. But her pouty face is sure cute! |
 |
| Trying on Dad's sunglasses. |
2 comments:
We didn't know that you were such a big football fan. Darling pictures of Ariana.
She looks so cute in her BYU cougar shirt. Way to train her while she's young!
Post a Comment