We bought season passes to a waterpark called Seven Peaks this year. We try to go once a week, though we have missed a few times. Ariana has really enjoyed it. She has learned how to go down the kiddie slides by herself. It still takes two of us though -- one at the top of the stairs to be with her as she gets to the slide, and one to catch her at the bottom. She can go up the stairs and get to the slides on her own, but she's not quite tall enough to see when I'm standing at the bottom so Tim gets to help out too. :) Tim has also taken Ariana on some of the bigger slides where she can ride on his lap. She loves it. I can't go down any of the slides (even the little kiddie ones) because I'm pregnant, so I'm really grateful that Tim is willing to be on daddy-duty and help Ariana. Lately, she's always talking about going to the "big pool" and wearing her lifejacket. She loves to tell me about going down the little slides by herself and the big slides on daddy's lap.
Last week, we took Ariana to see her first movie in the theater. She loves the minions from Despicable Me, so we saw Despicable Me 2. It was fun, and she did really well. For the first 3/4 or so of the movie, she sat on her own seat. Toward the end, she sat on my lap, but was really good. There was one part that scared her a bit, but she just hugged me and told me she was scared. She didn't fuss or anything, and she was fine within a few minutes.
Today, we took Ariana to the BYU Bookstore to pick out a BYU shirt for her to wear during football season (because everyone needs a good fan shirt). Tim and I have a plethora of game day shirts collected from over the years, and Ariana loves to point out that we are wearing "Y Shirts". Once she was in the store and could see all of the "Y shirts", she was really excited to get her own. We picked out all of the different styles in her size then let her choose which one she wanted. She was very decisive and has been really excited about it since.
My pregnancy is continuing to progress well. I am now 30 1/2 weeks along (7 months), and it's hard to believe that in a few months we'll be a family of 4! Baby girl is very active and is measuring right where she should be. The warm nights have caused some insomnia, but it's really not awful. I do look forward to cooler nights, though! :) Maybe one of these days I'll post a baby bump picture -- I'm just not photogenic so I tend to shy away from those.
The house is coming along. We are hoping to close September 6, though the latest dates are the following week. All of our things are in storage and our contract renews on the 10th of each month. I really don't want to pay a full month for a few days of use, so we're trying to get the builder to push things along. We'll see if it does any good. Things at the house seem to be progressing well. We were there last night and some workers said they thought it would be painted on Tuesday. We're excited for it to be done and to be able to move in. Tim and I have decided that building a house is like being engaged -- it's really fun for the first little bit while you share the news with everyone, but then the waiting just stinks! It'll be done soon, though, and it will be worth every day we had to wait.
![]() |
| 7/10/13 |
![]() |
| 7/15/13 |
![]() |
| 7/27/13 -- the exterior hasn't changed since this. Hopefully, we'll see some work in the next week. |
![]() |
| This banister is the one frivolous upgrade we made. Already, I am so glad we did it. It's beautiful! :) |
We are grateful for the adventures we've had this summer and look forward to the ones on the horizon.







1 comment:
That's so exciting! I love the paint all over the wall from the banister.
Post a Comment