So I figured out a quick way to lose a few pounds in just a few quick and easy steps.
Step 1: contract appendicitis.
Step 2: have appendix removed
Step 3: stay in hospital for 24 hours with a steady diet of antibiotics and pain killers.
But in all seriousness, appendicitis is noooooo fun. I started feeling sick last thursday and finally decided a hospital was a good idea at about 2 A.M. tuesday morning. By 7:30 I was in surgury getting the blasted thing taken out. Now all I have left to deal with is healing from a few small incisions and wanting to cry every time I cough. (I have yet to sneeze since the operation, not looking forward to it.)
Interestingly enough this whole situation was an answer to prayers. I've been dealing with stomach problems for a few years now and had always suspected appendicitis but doctors had ruled it out. Well, while I was writhing Monday night/Tuesday morning I remember that I had recieved a blessing from my dad that told be I would be made whole and this problem would go away. So, I called God on it and basically told Him it was time to make good on His promise. Not precisely the answer I was looking for but if it fixes the problem then it works for me. So here's to celebrating my 36th apendixless hours. Yay painkillers!
1 comment:
Wow, that sucks but I'm glad that it's finally been resolved for you.
Post a Comment