The title of this post is brought to you by one of my students. We finished our first ferm a couple of week ago. Since I just finalized my grades for the term, I thought it might be nice to ask the students to grade me as a teacher and give me the letter grade they thought I had earned, along with what they liked about the class and a suggestion for improvement.. I like doing this because it allows the students to anonymously give me feedback. It's very useful to determine what is and is not working in my classroom. So, I was reading through the grades (mostly A's -- whew!) and the student's rationales for the grades. One student, however, gave me a solid B and their reasoning was that I was a good teacher, but nothing extraordinary in their opinion! I shared this with a few colleagues and it has provided much entertainment over the last week. We are now keeping tallies to determine if any of us really are extraordinary. So far, I think, we're all just "good".
The description does kind-of fit our lives right now though. We are happy and loving life, but nothing extraordinary has happened recently. I'm still teaching, and Tim is still looking for a job.
So, it's not like I have a lot to report about or share with you. But since I'm already writing....we are enjoying our apartment and it finally feels like home. We both have responsibilities at our church -- Tim is working with the 14-16 year-old boys to help them fulfil the requirements for receiving their Boy Scout Eagle Award. I am the music leader in Nursery (which is for kids 1 1/2 to 3). This has definitely been a learning experience for me. While I love music and have had many responsibilities as church dealing with music, I've never taught little kids. There's a reason I'm a high school teacher -- I don't know what to do with 2 year-olds! But I'm learning and having a lot of fun singing with the children every week. They are so genuine and have taught me a lot about life.
Also, Tim and I are chaperoning my school's Halloween Dance on Friday night. It's always fun for me to see my students outside of a school setting, so I'm sure it will be fun....though I wish it didn't go so late (with clean-up, we probably won't leave until midnight). I've lost my night-owl instincts....I guess that happens when you have to be up at 6 every morning!
I can't think of anything else worth mentioning. I'll try to be better about posting regularly. It hard for me, though, because I don't feel like my boring life is really worth writing about. I guess it's my dislike of journals coming through. However, I will try to be better. I hope that you all have a Happy Halloween!
3 comments:
It is worth writing about. I like hearing updates. :)
Definitely worth it. I'm sure you have kids to funny things all the time you could write about too if you don't want to talk about yourself!
Annalise, you are cute. I like reading the updates as well. I try to take pictures when I need stuff to post about. That always helps. Glad to hear that you are enjoying life! Happy Halloween to you too. :)
Post a Comment