Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve!

So, have you ever woken up and gone, "Holy crap it's Christmas Eve!"? Well it's kinda been one of those years for me. Not that I need to make a desperate dash to a mall to pick up some last minute knick knacks for the family. More of a "Where in the holy macadamia nuts has the year gone?". I guess it's a good thing as I don't really handle anticipation super well. I like things to happen and enjoy them and then remember enjoying them. I do enjoy getting to spend time with family and seeing the way people are generally nicer to one another. (Someone actually let me change lanes without having to turn so hard I gave myself whiplash) And of course the focus on Christ and his life just make everything seem better.
As far as the year is concerned things are going well. Annalise kinda filled the world in in the last post and not a whole lot has changed since then. I have started substitute teaching to fill the long and jobless days. I've only subbed at Annalise's school, which works out really well because we can just drive to work together (AWWWW!! ;)) <-- double chinned wink brought to you by odd usage of parentheses. That makes it sound like I never sub but there was a period of Seven school days where I subbed for five teachers and I have done a few since. It's fun to get there and have the kids say "Hi Mrs. Smith's husband." They can't seem to make the connection that the relationship makes me Mr. Smith unless of course they are referring to us as Mr. and Mrs. Smith. I've got a few of the kids names down and there a few who's names I will never forget (unfortunately not for good reasons). Kids can be such a bother sometimes. Annalise has made some changes in the recent past but I will let her fill ya'll in on that but I will say that she is not pregnant so that's not it.

2 comments:

SonyaB said...

I must say, I love the clarification at the end!

Jennpearl said...

Hey I'm so glad that you are both doing well! Congrats on the new place too. That sounds fun and congrats on the finally done with school stuff. Hope you had a Very Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Years. Hey can you send me your new address so I can send you guys a Christmas card? Thanks ttyl