Thursday, January 7, 2010

Training!?!?!

Happy quite belated new year everyone!
The title of this post shows how I feel about the topic. Annalise and I are training to run a half marathon on the 3rd of July. This training started on Monday and let's just say that until today stairs have been the bane of my existence. I don't like them one bit. Thankfully today my thighs have merely groaned in protest to decent of stairs as opposed to the full out riots they instigated over the last few days. But my numbers so far this week are:
70 minutes on the treadmill
70 minutes on the elliptical
approximately 11 miles total distance
about 2200 calories burned
All in all I'm happy with the results.
Annalise has been training along side me as well and has been doing Yoga as part of her winterim schedule on top of her time at the gym with me.
Right now we are just focusing on doing cardio to get into shape but we will start into more difficult training as the event approaches.
Now I know that anytime someone told me they were running any farther than the fridge for ice cream I would respond with "WHY?" but this is for a good reason. My third brother has lost a lot of weight over the last 18 months and has decided to participate in this half marathon as a celebration of his better health. From there it has become a family event. My mom, myself, Annalise my two sisters and some friends have all signed up to join in. So if you see us hobbling around for the next little while you will know why.

1 comment:

Rachel Hair said...

Yay for running! I love it when husband and wife run together for a good cause. I hope you two are doing great! Good luck on the half marathon!