Saturday, February 13, 2010

5K, check

Okay not technically since it wasn't an official run but, this morning I ran 4 miles without stopping. Now to some of you health enthusiasts that isn't much but it's the farthest I've ever run in one go. Since a 5K is less than 4 miles I can now officially say I have run a 5K... unofficially. It wasn't fast (45 min) and it wasn't pretty (I wanted to die after about half a mile) but I did it. Just 9.1 miles to add to the total and I'm good to go. Anyway, training is going well, Annalise and I are working hard to get ready for July 3rd. She would have run with me this morning but has injured her knee and was taking care of it. She will likely go with me on Monday. She did run 3.5 on Friday so she is doing very well.

2 comments:

jennybrum said...

Good job! Believe me, if a fatty like me with 4 kids can do it, you guys can do it! Training starts to get lots easier after you can do the 5K comfortably, so keep up the good work!!! Which half are you doing?

Jodi said...

Way to go, I wish that I was going to be able to do it with you guy, This will be the first 4th that I haven't run a half. I hope you had a great birthday Tim. i look forward to seeing you in April