Warning: Monster Post (but worth the read!)
I am very happy at Paradigm. Their teaching philosophy more closely matches mine. Also, they have a block schedule, which means that students only have a certain class every other day. However, math scores have been low in the past, so the school decided to have math everyday. What this means for me is that I teach 4 70-minute classes each day (and have one prep period). I also see the same students every day. This equates to fewer total students (I have 96 right now. Last year I had 130-ish). My stress level is so much lower this year!
I do miss my students and co-workers at Maeser, but I know that this was the right move for me. It was all very sudden -- about 2 weeks before school started. However, there is no doubt in my mind that God has been directing me and leading me along. I have wonderful students and co-workers at Paradigm and I feel valued as an employee and as a person. A fellow teacher from Maeser is also working at Paradigm and that has definitely helped to make the transition smoother.
Another change is that Tim has decided to leave the firm he was working with and is looking for another firm to join. He's has several leads, and we're hopeful that one of them will work out. The firm that he was with is a good firm for financial advisors who already have a client base, but it was extremely difficult for him as he is trying to build his clientele. He has been so much happier since he left the firm. He loves the field and really wants to continue in this vein. Again, I know that God is directing us and I know that He will help us find the right opportunity for Tim.
Also, in a few months we will be moving! Tim's parents are going on an LDS mission to Tonga, and they are being kind and generous enough to allow us to live in their house while they are gone. We are very excited to be able to save money for a nice down payment on a home of our own. We will be moving at the end of January. While January seems like a long way off, it is coming faster than I had imagined. Before too long, I'll be starting to pack.
I think the last change that is coming up (at least that I can think of right now) is that our family will soon be growing! We are expecting a new arrival on (or around) April 20, 2011. I am just starting the second trimester and have been very fortunate in how well I have been feeling. I know that God is blessing me as I don't know how I would be able to teach if I felt really sick. I already have a baby bump (and have for the past month!). I've been wearing a lot of baggy shirts and jackets/sweaters to help cover my belly. I told my students this week and it's been fun hearing how excited they are. The baby is due in the middle of Spring Break, so I am hoping to work up until then. I'll miss the last five weeks of school, but I think the timing is great. We are very excited for our family to grow and are looking forward to the joys (and challenges!) of parenthood!
16 comments:
SO exciting!!! Congrats.
Hooray! So many exciting changes! Wishing Tim the best as he looks for new opportunities! We miss you guys!
Congrats on all your new changes happening... especially in April! We are happy for the two of you!
YEAH!!! HOW EXCITING FOR YOU GUYS!!! You MUST post pictures of the baby bump! =)
Congrats! We're expecting too, due at the beginning of May 2011. :)
Yay! Congrats! I'm so stinking excited for you - looks like I'm gonna need to call you and catch up on, oh, a LOT of things! How exciting!
Congrats! I am so excited for you guys! It was nice to see you at becky/dustin's receptions!
Have fun with this pregnancy :)
CONGRATS!!! I am so happy for you! I can't wait to see a miniature Annalise. You are going to be a great mom!
Augh! Yay! Congrats on the new job and the new baby! I knew you would get pregnant before me! haha.
A baby?!!! Yay! Congratulations!
Wow, so cool Annalise! Tell Tim congrats too.
B
Congratulations you guys thats way exciting!
Hey! I just found your blog on Sara Ritchie's blog. Congrats on the new arrival!! Being a mom is the best thing that ever happened to me (other than marrying my sweetheart). I'm glad you are really enjoying teaching and are at a school that matches your style better.
Our blog is www.frogpuck.blogspot.com
I know it's been forever since we have talked and caught up! I just wanted to say congrats and I'm so excited for you guys. Parenthood with all it's challenges is one of the most rewarding part of this life. Every day my kids give me something to laugh about. Any way I'm so excited for you guys and am happy to hear that other things in your life are working out so well! What an exciting mission for your n-laws too!
congrats on all your changes, especially the baby on the way! I hope you don't mind that I sometimes stalk your blog when I look at Emily's!
Oh my goodness, I wish I had seen this when you initially posted it! I'm not very good at reading blogs consistently.
Congrats! That is incredibly exciting. You know that means you'll now have to update the blog much more frequently. :)
I miss you whenever I think about teaching math...which is often.
Post a Comment