Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Summer Project

With summer almost over, I decided that perhaps I should actually post something on this blog. I'm really good at following everyone else's blogs but not so good at keeping my own up-to-date.

This summer I've been working on a pretty ambitious project. We have some very dear friends who recently lost a baby. I decided to create something that would be a memento for them of this precious little boy that they only got to spend a few hours with. Here is the finished product:



This is all cross-stitched. The words in blue are from a common children's song in our church called "I am a Child of God". Then, I personalized it with the baby's information. The final touch was getting it matted and framed. Here are a couple of close-up pictures.


Top Part


Bottom Part

It has been worth every second I spent working on it and I am very pleased with the end result.

Other than this project, I haven't really been up to a whole lot this summer. I spent a few days in Logan with my family and really good friend while Tim was at scout camp. I've gone to the pool with my mother-in-law a few times. We've had some fun family get-togethers. And I've done a lot of reading!

I've also been trying my hand at meal planning. I've never been very good at this, but I decided that I need to be better. For the most part, I've done quite well. I'm hoping that this habit will help once school starts again. Ive been very spoiled in previous years because Tim has been able to do a lot of the cooking. Now that he's working (and working long hours), he doesn't have the time. My meal planning still needs some fine tuning, but I'm pleased with how it's been going so far.

I still have a whole month until school starts. We don't start until the day after Labor Day this year -- it's super late! I'm not positive which classes I'll be teaching, so I can't really do a whole lot of prep yet. I am getting a little antsy for school to start though. The summer, while a nice break, has seemed long this year.

I hope that you have all had a wonderful summer! I'll try to be better about keeping this blog updated (key word there is try!)

3 comments:

amber said...

Oh I love that Annalise! What a cool project.

Tom said...

Those must be some really special friends ;) They're certainly lucky to have you two for friends, that's for sure!

By the way, I'm posting this comment to positively reinforce your decision to post on your blog again. Give us stalkers something to enjoy once in a while! :D

Teresa Kauer said...

You are so thoughtful!! That was such a good idea personalizing that sweet primary song! I'm sure they love it.