Thursday, April 29, 2010

Rough Day

Have you ever had one of those days where you can't pinpoint what's wrong, but you're in a sour mood? Today is one of those days for me. My students have been taking end-of-level tests for the past two days, so I have just been sitting around, monitoring them.....6 classes worth....all day long. I think my brain is starting to rot due to disuse. I have been somewhat productive -- updating grades online, planning, etc., but I finished all of that yesterday. Today, I can't seem to get anything more done. I've spent most of the day looking at other math teachers' blogs about creative methods of teaching and fun projects for their students. It makes me feel like a sub-par teacher. I think I have the end-of-the-year blues. I have a lot of ideas for improving my classroom and my teaching methods, but it seems a bit overwhelming right now.

Now, come to think of it, I'm feeling sub-par in a lot of aspects of life. I think it has something to do with the weather. It's been cold and rainy/snowy all day. Maybe spring is feeling sub-par too and this is its way of expressing it.....or something. The wonderful thing is that even though spring is feeling cold and blue, in a few days, it'll warm back up and the sun will come out to play. Hopefully, my sour mood won't last as long as spring's. I have something better than the sun -- the Son -- to cure my blues. It's feeling warmer already.

No comments: