Wednesday, April 7, 2010
<{ Bum Butta Bum }> I got a job!!!
That's right, after seven months of post college unemployment I now have a job. Or at least I'm starting training to have a job. Turns out, in order to do a lot of things professionals do you have to get licensed... Who knew? So I got a call on Friday the 26th from a group called First Investors. They are a financial advising firm that is based from 110 wall street in New York and has been around for about 80 years. They saw my resume on careerbuiler.com and wanted me to come in for an interview. (I'm not sure why as I'm a public relations major with a ballroom dance minor) By the following Thursday they hired me. I start my training on Monday the 12th and should be up and running by mid May at the latest. Woot! While it's not anything I would have considered doing I'm glad they called.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That's great news! Congratulations!
So... this may sound like a dumb question, but are you moving to NY? And, what will you be doing?
We're so excited for you! Getting a job is one of the best feelings in the world.
I'm so glad you found a job! You'll do great at it!
I'm with Alicia on the question, so I don't think it was a dumb one at all. :)
No, we are not moving to New York. The company is based there, meaning that its headquarters are in NY, but they have an office in Sandy, so Tim will be working out of Sandy. So, we're staying here in Utah. We'll be in Draper until the beginning of 2011; after that, we'll be living in Tim's parents' home while they are serving a mission.
Post a Comment