Sometimes, I feel like I live and breathe math all the time. I'm a teacher and I have to give everything I have to be effective. While I know that there are other parts of me, sometimes they get a little forgotten and swept under the rug. It was really refreshing to bring out these other passions in my life. I love music -- I love listening to it, I love performing it, I love the light and happiness that it brings to others. I'm so grateful to have been blessed with musical talents -- and I'm grateful that I was given an opportunity to brush up this past week. And while I complained that I didn't get home from school until 8:30 at night, and that my knee really hurt from running, and that I'm yet again behind on my grading (got to love the end of the term!), I really needed to feel musical again. It was a breath of fresh air to my soul -- and I feel rejuvenated again.
3 comments:
I totally get that!! I have a soprano sax that I very rarely, in fact practically never play because we are in an apartment. I am so excited to get our house done so that I can start playing again. Because I miss playing. Gald you got to bust out the ol pipes! ;)
I'm so glad you could play again! It was so funny when you showed up on my doorstep and I'm so glad you did - it was wonderful to catch up again! Good luck with your race!
I had so much fun on band trips with you! I LOVED performing in band too! The sound in the auditorium was great and it felt like the beautiful music was coming from my soul. Glad you got such a fun opportunity.
Post a Comment