Friday, March 19, 2010

Tasty surprise

Every once in a while I like to experiment when it comes time to make dinner. Everyone once in a while the experiment goes really well. Last night was one of those nights. We had Orange Pineapple Chicken with salsa. I was just kind of adding things that sounded good as I went along and so I don't have any exact measurements but I do have the ingredients and some directions. I started off by placing two chicken breasts in a large pan with a bit of olive oil (just enough to moisten the pan). I then applied a dusting of garlic salt, onion powder, sage and oregano to each side of each breast. As it cooked I added salsa (maybe 3/4 cups each) and about 1/6 of a can of concentrated orange pineapple juice to each. After that you just cook at a low temperature until the chicken is cooked through and serve with some of the extra sauce from the pan on top. It was good. Best of all it was quick and simple.

No comments: