Friday, June 17, 2011

Life and such.

Today's blog entry comes in 2 parts. That's right a two parter (cheer).

Part 1: Being a dad rocks!
Ariana is a little over 2 months now and has so much personality it's hard to believe she's so young. She is so determined to figure out this thing we call a body and how to make it work. From trying to swallow her entire fist to holding her head up on her own she is fiercely determined to make everything work. All day all she really wants to do is have us hold her such that she can work on keeping her head up. It's really funny to watch. She will sit on your lap and kinda work at it for a bit and then she decides it's time to do it for real. She will then proceed to cry out as she lifts her chin off of her chest. She gets all red and everything. I could see her being one of those people that will just keep working at something until it works even if it takes all night. We make her rest between workouts (she is lifting about 20% of her body weight with her neck) and that frustrates her too. She's just cute all around.

We also got her to giggle (sorta) for the first time yesterday. I was playing with her and bouncing her up and down in front of me and she let out of few short giglets. She is making noises more and more each day and is such a joy to have in our home. She has brought as closer together and closer to the Lord and is more of a blessing than I ever could have imagined. I love my girls!

Part 2: The lament of a cashier.

I'd thought about posting something like this on facebook but it's too easy to find and didn't know if some people might take it wrong. I know most of you likely don't have problems with these areas but might not know what it's like at the other end of the belt. If you didn't know I've been cashiering at Wal-mart while I look for more permanent employment. Here are a few things that will make you and your cashiers day better (and your time in line shorter)
  • If you have your stuff in a basket (the hand held kind) don't just plop it on the belt and let the cashier take care of it. Yes it is our job but it makes things take about three times as long.
  • If you decide you don't want an item after you pick it up, hand it to the cashier. It saves us a lot of time vs. finding it on a shelf somewhere.
  • Mention coupons (or price matches at wal-mart) early on. It saves a lot of voiding and rechecking and ultimately time as well.
  • Remember, we want you home as much as you do :). Don't take that wrong but it is our job to get you through the line as quickly and amicably as possible. We really are doing the best we can. I don't know of a single cashier that would go slower or mess up just to spite you.
  • It is not necessary to place your items as far away from the cashier as possible.
That said I have enjoyed my time at Wal-mart so far although I'm excited to move on when the right job comes along. Hope that helps you the next time you are at the grocery store.

OH! p.s. Annalise's dad had his knee replaced on Wednessday but I will let her fill in the details on that one. (guess that would kinda be part three, bonus for you!)

No comments: