Thursday, October 23, 2008

Ode to the Grand Am

Oh, Grand Am
How I hated thee.
How much I did loathe thy sight.
Thou, the maker of
Wheedee-wheedee-wheedee.
I think it gave thee delight.

Though thou provided
The setting for
Mine and Tim's first kiss,
The troubles thou gave
Were not worth the cost,
Thy quirks I really won't miss.

So, now Grand Am,
We bid farewell
Ne'er to meet again.
I wish I could say
I'll miss you, good car,
But instead I'll say Thank Heaven!

That's right! Tim and I FINALLY sold the Grand Am! We sold it for the engine, but the guy who bought it towed the whole thing away! We got more money than we would have by taking it to a junkyard, so I think that it was worth the wait -- though the people in our complex might not! (It sat in the back of our parking lot for months.) I'm really not sad to see it go, and actually quite relieved to have it over with! Now we just have to decide if we're going to save the money or splurge a little bit.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Annalise.,..,...I'm already listed on your blogroll and I didn't even know you had a blog. Good for you, it is such fun.

Emily said...

Wow! I love the poem! I remember when you told me about your first kiss! ;-D I'm glad you got some money out of it too!

Gina said...

YAY!!!! I can picture you saying "Wheedee Wheedee Wheedee" while you were writing this. I've very happy for you.