Monday, February 9, 2009

25 Random Things

As many of you know, there are recently been a phenomenon on Facebook in which people write 25 random things about themselves and then "tag" their friends to do the same. After being tagged several times, I decided that it was my time to follow suit. I know that not all of you have Facebook, so I've posted them here. Enjoy!

1. I’m a bit of a grammar Nazi. It especially irks me when people misuse good and well.

2. I was blonde in high school, but now I am a deep brunette.

3. I have been the same height since 8th grade.

4. I managed to find a job where I can use both my major and minor from college. I majored in Math Education and I minored in Music. I teach high school math, but I also teach one class of Music Appreciation. Next year, I’m planning to teach AP Music Theory!

5. I love to rock climb – the real thing, not indoor walls.

6. My biggest "reach-for-the-stars" ambition in life is to reform American education. I don’t know how a girl from little town Utah can make a dent, but I sure want to try!

7. I love to eat frozen chocolate chips with a glass of milk. Not very healthy, but so delicious!

8. My favorite wood is cherry wood, though I love the smell of cedar.

9. I find joy in decorating my home. It’s not very big (just an apartment) but I love transforming it from a house to a home.

10. I hate to cook. I don’t find it worth the time.

11. My mouth is worth $25,000 – three sets of braces and jaw surgery.

12. I have six screws in my head from the aforementioned jaw surgery.

13. My mom and I have the same middle and last name just in opposite order. Her name is NorRene Smith Hatch and mine is Annalise Hatch Smith. She was a Smith and married a Hatch; I was a Hatch and married a Smith.

14. My husband and I are not blood related, though we checked just to be certain.

15. I love coats and jackets. If I had unlimited money, I’m sure I would spend it all on darling jackets.

16. I look forward to the day when I will have children. I want to be a stay-at-home mom more than anything!

17. I used to wish I had blue eyes, but now I wouldn’t trade my brown eyes for anything.

18. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people that mispronounce or misspell my name.

19. I love music (This one isn’t random but it’s true.)

20. I love to read. I can’t put down a good book once I’ve started.

21. I have an overly active sense of smell.

22. I am AWFUL at keeping in touch with friends. I often think about high school friends and college friends, but never when I have time to do something about it. I really need to be better at this.

23. I love to do crossword puzzles. I attribute this to Mr. Willcuts, my 10th grade English teacher who would give them out as extra credit.

24. I have never lived in a house for more than 5 years. The closest I come is that my parents have now lived in their current house for 5 ½ years, but I’ve lived away from home that whole time.

25. I love my husband more than I thought was possible. He truly is my other half.

2 comments:

Mrs. Jones said...

DARLING ANNALISE!!! I miss you dear...You DO need to keep in touch more. :) at least with me!

Gina said...

Annalisa!! I actually remember, everyday when you used to pick me up for work you would ask how I was doing, I would reply "I'm good, how are you?" You would reply "I'm well." I always wondered if my lack of grammar annoyed you, and now I know you secretely wanted to slit my throat.