Monday, March 9, 2009

Speak out against Big Love

I just found out the the HBO show BIG LOVE is planning an episode where they will go into the temple and secretly film what happens inside. They already have a picture of one of the characters wearing temple garb in TV Guide. If you are as outraged about this as I am, please use this link http://www.hbo.com/apps/submitinfo/contactus/submit.do?title=GeneralInformation&questiontype=generalInformation&questiontype=general to tell HBO how you feel. It might not make a difference but it can't hurt. Thank you.

3 comments:

Mrs. Jones said...

O.M.G!!!!

Emily said...

Hi Tim! It's Annalise's friend Emily. I found out about this too and after doing some research I learned a little bit more about it. Maybe I read your post wrong and you didn't mean this, but they are not actually going inside a temple with a camera. They have an ex-member of the church who has helped them recreate a celestial and endowment room, as well as temple clothing. That is what they are going to show on the next episode. I saw the picture in TV Guide of the woman in mock temple clothing and was appalled. It is so completely insulting and offensive, and I feel bad for the ex-member who helped them do this. Someday he will be held accountable and realize just how wrong this was. I think it is great that you posted this on your blog and asked people to speak up against it!

Emily said...

Also, you might be interested in the Church's official standpoint on this. It was released just yesterday. http://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/commentary/the-publicity-dilemma