Well a lot has happened since we last blogged and it's about time we caugth up. The first event is our much overdue vacation to California. We drove from here to my cousin Kael's house in about nine and a half hours and were able to crash at his place for the 4 nights we were there which saved us about 300 dollars (Thanks Kael and Heather). It was just too bad they were both here in Provo all but the first night we were there. We spent three days (well two and a half) at Disney land which was awesome. We were able to hit everything we wanted at least once and some rides two or three times. I probably liked the Tower of Terror or the new toy story interactive rides bests. Annalise just enjoyed the experience as a whole.



We spent the first day with Steve and Alicia and Ben who live in L.A. which was a lot of fun. Then we spent the last two days just the two of us which was really nice. On our last day at Disney we just hit the rides we really wanted to do again and saw the Aladdin show they have at California Adventure (It was hilarious). After that we were beat due to spending about 30 hours at the parks over the last three days so we took a good nap (an often overlooked part of a vacation). Then we spent the evening at the San Diego temple. We love that temple, it's pretty much the coolest building in the world. Then the next day we drove home. It was a great trip.
The second bit of news is that I graduated (sort of) from BYU yesterday. I'm done with everything but an intership which is the same as going to work so it doesn't count. We had some great speakers at commencement and convocation. At commencement President Uchtdorf was given and honorary doctorate so he and Elder Nelson spoke then at convocation Elder Oaks had three grand kids graduating in my department so he spoke then.

It's still a little weird to be done and the reality of it hasn't set in entirely I'm sure. I will be starting a new internship with Starfish Television Networks on Monday. They are a non profit cable network and I will basically be their public relations department. Hopefully all goes well.
Annalise is gearing up for the end of the school year at Maeser and really looking forward to her brother coming home (I'm excited too.) She is doing well as a teacher especially these last two semesters as her students are doing better.
We are both ready to move on to the next stage and look forward to what it has in store for us.
4 comments:
Wow! Congrats on finishing school. That is a huge accomplishment...I bet it feels so good to be done. I'm totally jealous of your Disney trip. That is one of my favorite places, but I don't dare to tackle it with my four kids until they are a little older. Looks like you guys are doing good!
Awww... that is so exciting. The vacation sounds absolutely wonderful. I think me and my husband are very past due for one of those as well! That is crazy that you will actually be entering the real world. What a great feeling to graduate from BYU though! I studied there three years and then transferred to graduate at BYU-Idaho so I could graduate with my husband. But a part of me still would like to finish at BYU. A BYU diploma just seems so much more exciting!!! Congrats to the two of you.
Congrats! Graduation is THE BEST!
Congratulations on graduating. Your trip sounded like fun too! Hope you're all having a good summer!
Jenn
Post a Comment