Saturday, March 5, 2011

Time Marches On

I suppose it's about time for another blog post. I know that I often say that I'm going to be better about posting, but apparently those are just empty words. Sorry!

We have moved into Tim's parents' home while they are on an 18-month LDS mission to Tonga. We moved in at the end of January, and it's finally starting to feel like home. In a lot of ways, I'm not sure what to do with all the space! Tim's parents have been so gracious, letting us stay here. They even went to the trouble to find out what furniture/decor/etc. we wanted left and what we preferred to have them store. It has already been a huge blessing in our lives.

We are enjoying our new ward here. It definitely has a different dynamic -- there are many more older couples, but I love it! I feel like I have lots of grandmas looking out for me! We went to visit my family in Logan a few weeks ago and were not at church. A sweet sister in the ward noticed we weren't at church and called just to make sure the baby hadn't come early. It is a very loving ward. Tim received a calling last week. He is the Ward Executive Secretary. For any non-LDS readers, this means that he makes appointments for the bishop (our version of a pastor), attends a lot of meetings discussing the welfare and needs of the members of the congregation, and does anything else the bishop needs help with. He has had this responsibility once before when we lived in a student ward in Provo, but it will definitely be different living in a family ward. I do not have a calling yet, but I'm sure I will pretty soon.

Tim is still looking for full-time work. He recently started working part-time at WalMart as a cashier. While it's not a permanent solution, it's something and it's often easier to get a job when you have a job. I am grateful for Tim's willingness to provide for our family so that I can stay home with our little girl.

Our baby continues to grow and everything appears to be on track for a healthy baby. I have 6 1/2 weeks until my due date. Time certainly flies! Tim and I were discussing how sometimes it's hard to remember what life was like before I got pregnant, and yet, here we are, almost at the end of it. The baby loves to kick -- especially when I'm trying to go to sleep! I'm still feeling well. I'm getting more and more tired, and my feet are starting to swell quite a bit, but I really have been blessed. My students take good care of me -- carrying things from one room to another and being patient when I have to make "bathroom runs" all the time! Life is exciting and scary with all of the big changes coming, but we are looking forward to the joys and challenges of parenthood!

2 comments:

Gina said...

I've been thinking about you guys recently. I knew you were getting close to the baby coming and I want updates!! I'm so glad you posted and are doing well. Make sure to keep posting, especially pictures. Show us your belly! And the baby when she comes of course. :)

Emily said...

I'm so happy to see an update. I was just wondering about you guys, the move, your baby girl, etc. Glad to hear that things are going well!