Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Ariana's Adventures

Ariana is now a very busy 2 year old.  She is always on the go and keeps me on my toes.  She is a happy child, and she is generally very obedient.  She is so fun, and we are so blessed to have her in our family.

Tim and I took her to the Gateway Children's Museum in Salt Lake.  They have an old Life Flight helicopter that the kids can get in.  She had a great time!


We've had an unusually cool spring this year, but we braved the slight chill and went to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point.  Some of the tulips hadn't come up yet, but it was still beautiful.


This is a little older of a picture, and Ariana has crazy hair, but she loves to play with toys at Grandma and Grandpa's house (my parents).  She always has a good time when we go to visit them.


Her hair is long enough to put in pigtails and do some other fun things.  The thing I struggle with is getting it to stay all day.  The curse of super fine hair!


This picture is from Christmas morning.  Ariana got a table and chairs and she loves them.



For her 2nd birthday, Grandma NorRene and Grandpa Nelson gave Ariana a slide.  She absolutely loves it!  Notice the dandelions in her hand.  She was so excited to have flowers.


Ariana makes us laugh every day.  This picture is how she plays with my shoes.  She takes them out of the closet and lines them up around the bed.  She also enjoys lining up lots of other things.  Type-A personality? :)


Last Friday, Ariana and I went on a hike up Corner Canyon in Draper (south Salt Lake).  My Webelos cub scouts need to go on a hike and this one sounded fun, but I wanted to hike it before taking 10-year-old boys up there.  So, I met up with a friend and away we went.  The views were beautiful and we had to take this picture with the Draper temple in the background.


For journaling purposes, here are a few things about Ariana that I don't want to forget.

  • She knows almost the entire alphabet (capital letters).  She gets G, H, and J confused sometimes, but she does really well.  She started learning them several months ago.  I was surprised but she wanted to learn, so who am I to say no?!
  • She is talking in broken sentences.  She will say things like "Mom nap too".
  • She refers to herself as "Ana".  I'm not sure why she chose the second half of her name rather than the first, but it's pretty darn cute!
  • Lately, she's been saying "Ana marry temple."  We've been talking about temples and that mom and dad got married there.  She decided then that she would get married there too.  I hope she can remember that as she gets older.
  • She has very strong opinions about almost anything.
  • She loves to sing.  Her favorites right now are "Wheels on the Bus", "I Love to See the Temple", "The Wise Man Build His House Upon a Rock", "A, B, C's" and "Do As I'm Doing".
  • She is very outgoing and loves to play with other children, especially those older than she is.

We love our Ariana!


No comments: