After more than nine months of neglect, I finally am getting around to updating the blog. Much has happened since the last post. I am going to write a few different posts, just so it's not so cumbersome to read through.
In the last post, Tim's parents had recently returned from their mission to Tonga. They've been home now over 10 months, and we still haven't left their house! :) We waited until November (Tim's 6-month mark at his job) and began looking for houses. We looked for several months but didn't find the right one. After feeling frustrated, we started to look into building. I found a floor plan that I liked and the location was great (about 5 miles south of Tim's parents), but the cost was a little above our price range. However, the Lord orchestrates everything and after a nice tax refund and a bigger than expected bonus from work, we were able to pay off our car and thus qualify for a higher mortgage amount. After praying and pondering, we felt really good about building and decided to move forward. We signed papers with the building company at the end of March and finally -- after a month and a half of waiting for the city's permit approval -- they broke ground on Tuesday, May 14. We hope to be able to move in during August or September.
We are very excited to finally have a plan and know where we are going to settle down. The house is big enough that we can stay there forever if we want to. It's 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath with an unfinished basement so we have room to grow. Here are some pictures up to this point. If I actually update the blog, maybe I'll post a picture or two each time so you can see the progress too!
 |
| Digging the hole 5/14/13 |
 |
| The hole on the evening of groundbreaking 5/14/13 |
 |
| Forms are in 5/17/13 |
 |
| Foundation walls 5/20/13 |
 |
| Foundation walls 5/23/13 |
No comments:
Post a Comment